Saturday 23 April 2005

Doctor Who, Season X-1: "World War Three"

__________________________________________

You win. You fucking win. Anybody reading this who thought I was going too far with the whole "Unquiet Dead" thing… no, you win. This makes up for it with knobs on. This is one of the best things, ever.

I apologise. I apologise without reservation. And when was the last time you heard me apologise without reservation? Never, that's when. But I take back everything I ever said about any part of this series. This is quite possibly the funniest thing that's ever been filmed in the name of family entertainment, and on top of that it had monsters, and on top of that it had a proper sense of humanism, and… well, everything, really. I admit defeat, you bastards. You win, all right? Just ignore anything I say from now on.

And: I literally cried at the idea of a Golden Age of Britain, which we all know is never going to come but which seems so bloody easy when you think about it.

And: how fucking great does "Dalek" look?

Tonight I love the world and everything in it.

__________________________________________